Technology Blog #3 - Tools For Connected Learning
In chapter 5 of "The Connected Educator", Sheryl Nussbaum-Beach and Lani Ritter Hall emphasize the transformative power of collaborations in professional learning. The authors argue that educators who actively engage in collaborative practices are more effective in enhancing their teaching skills and improving student outcomes. They introduce various models of collaboration, such as co-teaching, professional learning communities (PLCs), and online networks like blogs, social media, and apps that can help create an environment where educators can share resources, strategies, and constructive feedback. There are also tools to show bookmarks and other tabs that teachers have kept and shared with other teachers in order to generate new ideas. Through these collaborative efforts, teachers not only gain new insights into their practices, but also cultivate a culture of continuous improvement.
Chapter 5 highlights the importance of building relationships among educators to create a supportive network. By collaborating, teachers can reflect on their experiences, tackle challenges together, and celebrate successes. This sense of community helps to break down the isolation often felt in the teaching profession promotes a shared commitment to student achievement. The authors argue that when educators work together, they can collectively develop innovative solutions to common problems, leading to enhanced teaching practices and ultimately benefiting students.
As I prepare for my future career in teaching, embracing collaboration will be crucial to my growth and effectiveness. Using tools such as blogs and other social media networks can help me to stay in touch with other teachers, and find new resources to bringing into my classroom. By fostering a collaborative mindset, you can contribute to a positive classroom and help create an environment where both teachers and students can thrive.

I'm not going to lie I just cannot figure out what the point of the first picture is. At first, I thought you were going to go in depth about the website, but you didn't. Other than that, your summary was very nice, and I love the other picture it's pretty cool. Also, I LOVE that last line, I always want my classroom to be a place where me and my students thrive. Did delicious stick out to you or impact you?
ReplyDeleteGia,
ReplyDeleteThis was a great analysis of chapter 5. I believe I understand why you implemented the d. (delicious picture) just as a reference to an app/website that was mentioned in the chapter. I also think you did well connecting the information from the chapter to your future career as a teacher. Today, we are experiencing an evolution in technology and web tools around the world. Teachers and educators need to stay in the loop and utilize as many tools as they can in collaboration and teaching. Adaptation is a must in the field of education and technology.
As a future educator as well, I agree that collaboration is going to be the key to effective teaching. If it's not broken, don't fix it. Relationships among teachers are so important for sharing information with one another. Really great job on your blog. What type of tools do you think would be most effective when trying to establish connections with other teachers?
ReplyDelete