Smackdown #1 - Padlet

Link to video: Smackdown Assignment 1.pptx 

Giavana Marotta

PADLET

Padlet is a unique tool that can be used by teachers as a way to organize information. Teachers can create virtual boards where they can post texts, images, links, videos, and other forms of media. It can be used for brainstorming, sharing ideas, or collaborating on projects not only in an educational setting, but also a professional setting. Padlet allows you to create customizable "walls" that can be shared with students, or kept for private organizational use. Padlet is a unique tool that can be used by teachers as a way to organize information. Teachers can create virtual boards where they can post text, images, links, videos, and other forms of media. It can be used for brainstorming, sharing ideas, or collaborating on projects not only in an educational setting, but also a professional setting. Padlet allows you to create customizable “walls” that can be shared with students, or kept for private organizational use. 

An interesting feature of Padlet is its collaboration. It is a great tool if you are working on a project with classmates because multiple users can access and contribute to the same board. It also has a feature that allows students to comment and like posts shared by other students, which is a great way to learn how to interact and connect with other students. Padlet is also a notable tool with its ability to support a wide range of media such as videos, audio clips,  GIFs, and screen recordings. It automatically can generate a QR code for your project, making it easier to share and access boards from other devices.

I have used this tool a few times in other classes, and have had multiple teachers use Padlet in the past. It is a really useful tool because of how easy it is to bring an idea to life. Padlet would be a huge help in my future career as a teacher in order to stay organized and help my students find resources they may need all in one place. 





Comments

  1. I love this tool! When I first clicked on your smackdown I thought I was going to know exactly what you were talking about since I had seen Padlet used in high school a few times, but I had no idea how extensive it actually was. I love all the different things that it can be used for and how it was a templet for each one. I will 100% use this in my classroom as well as in my classes at Stockton. I feel like this will make group project so much easier because then you don't have to worry about working around everyone's schedule. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Padlet is a very broad app. I have never used it before but it looks like a great tool for everybody, not only teachers. I think it would be great to organize clubs/organizations meetings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you connected Padlet to your future teaching career. The organizational capabilities and resource-sharing features will undoubtedly benefit your students, helping them access necessary materials in one convenient location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Padlet, to me, Seems like a less intricate version of blackboard. I see the uses for it and I like the Idea of walls and personal areas you can have in this app. However, I don't think I see myself using Padlet in my immediate career but I can see how it would be beneficial to educators and students alike.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have used Padlet in the past and it’s a great tool! As a future teacher, I definitely see myself using it with my class. It’s a great alternative to Jamboard, which is being discontinued.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this app looks very useful, not only to teachers but also to students and all other kinds of people. I think many organizations such as teams or clubs could use this app to communicate with members. This looks like a less complicated version of google classroom or blackboard. I liked how you explained specifically how you will integrate this app into your teaching career.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve used Padlet once or twice but was not aware of many of the cool features like the specific learning templates for things like exit tickets or comparing and contrasting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This presentation was well organized, and you sounded very confident while talking about your app, Padlet. I really like how you explained this app; it helped me understand how to use it better. I’d heard of it before but didn’t fully understand it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Technology Blog #2 - Connected Learning Communities in the Work Environment

Technology Blog #4 - Collaborative Cultures in Teaching